The Hornby Island Natural History Centre is looking for an intern to be part of a team working to reopen our Centre. This position is funded by Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage through the Canadian Museum Association.
YCW Candidate Eligibility Criteria: In order to apply for the position, candidates must be:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory;
- be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment; and
- not have another full-time job during the YCW work assignment.
Graduates in an internship program must also:
- be a graduate from college or university;
- be unemployed or underemployed; and
- not be receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed in a YCW work assignment.
Graduate with a degree in Environmental Studies, Geography, Education, Museum Studies or Fine Arts-Researcher with excellent written communication, organizational, and computer skills-Experience in writing for the public, display design, layout, and installation
Start date – Sept 7, 2021 with end date of no later than March 31, 2022
30 hours per week
Wage $20 + MERCS Flexible hours, working online as well as on site
If interested in more information and to see the complete job poster
Register online in the YCW website online candidate inventory. Deadline: August 29, 2021
For details, questions or assistance, please visit our website at email@example.com