Nature Walk – “Hornby Rocks!”
Tuesday August 2nd, 11:00 am – “Hornby Rocks!”
Exploring Hornby’s Unique Geology
This walk will be led by Kihan Yoon-Henderson, summer host/coordinator at the Hornby Island Natural History Centre. Pre-registration is essential as space is limited to 12 participants for each walk. For inquiries or to register, email Kihan at email@example.com, call 250-335-1021 or come to the Centre. $10 per person. Children under 16 are free.
(From the Natural History Centre at the Hornby Island Community School)
1) From Sollans Road, take a left onto Central Road in the direction of the Co-op
2) At the intersection in front of the Co-op (St. Johns Point Road and Central Road), make a left onto St. Johns Point Road
3) Continue straight, past the Big Tree and onto Ostby Road (towards Sea Breeze Lodge)
4) At the end of Ostby Road, turn right onto Fowler Road
5) Continue past Sea Breeze Lodge, to the end of the road
6) We will meet at the head of the trail, which is located at the cul-de-sac at the end of the road (Kihan will be there waiting to meet you).
Park anywhere along the side of the road but please do not park in the cul-de-sac or in front of a driveway. See you there!
Photo Credit: Sandstone rock formation by Barb Biagi.